February 26th at the famous Cipriani!!! Celebrate Aubrey Semple, Program Director of the New York City Urban Debate LEague. The PASEsetter Awards Benefit celebrates innovation and excellence in afterschool programs and raises awareness of the crucial work carried out daily in New York City’s communities. Each year the committee selects the top after school educators in New York City. The selection committee this year included:
- David Birdsell – Dean, Baruch College School of Public Affairs and Special Assistant to the President for Institutional Effectiveness
- Casey Castañeda – Program Officer, Moore Charitable Foundation
- Ariella Louie – Program Coordinator, All Our Children/Trinity Grants Program, Trinity Wall Street
- Greg McCaslin – Arts & Education Consultant; PASE Board Member
- Patrick Pinchinat – Beacon Program Director, Queens Community House, 2012 PASEsetter Award Winner
More than 500 city leaders from government, business, education, advocacy, philanthropy, and youth development gather to honor five of New York City’s most innovative and effective community educators, individuals who work tirelessly to enable youth from underserved communities to identify and reach their full potential. In addition, the Awards honor Afterschool Champions, individuals outside of the afterschool field who dedicate their expertise, knowledge, time and values to the benefit of young people in the afterschool hours.